The “Little Black Dress” also known as LBD is a staple originating in the 1920′s. This concept was created by Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel and designed to be an essential, long-lasting, versatile, affordable piece of item in a woman’s wardrobe. This simple yet chic item of clothing is always in style and always perfect for any event, from a casual ‘shing ding’ to a formal gala. It’s usually short and sexy and goes being the most simplest of outfit to the most glamorous look for a lady.
You can never go wrong with the LBD, so whether it’s date night (dinner and a movie), girls’ night out (club or bar hopping), the royal wedding, picnic on the greens, a cocktail party, the office event or breakfast at ______, you get the drift :D, if you don’t own a LBD, it is imperative that you get yourself one today, not tomorrow, today! Better yet, don’t stop at one, get two: a casual sporty look and sexy sultry look. However, for affordability, get one you can dress up or dress down 🙂
Tips for Shopping for an LBD:
- Know your body type. If you can’t go without a bra, you may want to stay away from halters, backless or sheers. Then again, we have pasties and new bra designs to help our blessed sisters.
- Think about the key asset you want to play up. Is it your hips, your butt, your back, your shoulders, a plunging neckline? Choose a dress that will suit your desire.
- Comfort. while beauty costs pain but I do not agree with being overly uncomfortable just to look cute. Choose a well-constructed dress that makes it easy to walk, move sit or dance.
- Use the 3-1 ratio: that’s 3 parts conservative to 1 part racy. Choose a LBD that’s simple except for the statement or saucy feature: a daring cut-out in the back or side; a slit to show some legs, back or front.
- Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize!!!: heels (sandals or pumps), a bold bracelet, a necklace, clutch, cocktail ring, earrings, belt.. but please do no wear all at once (remember it is about you in that dress).